[THIN] Re: McAfee NetShield

  • From: "Chris Lynch" <lynch00@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 08:36:35 -0700

For all of those that have said "Running McAfee with no issues", that
is great.  We used to run McAfee on our servers here, but now we use
NAV.  It's really pointless to have an Antivirus program installed on
your server and have the damn thing Dr. Watson on you everytime it
goes to scan a large file, or a group of files.  Yes, I know.
Install the SP and the MRP for McAfee.  We already did that and
didn't help a damn thing, and NAI was stumped on how to fix this
(which is typical from NAI).  We removed McAfee and installed NAVCE
and away our problems went.

I wouldn't recommend McAfee/NAI to anyone for AntiVirus protection.

CHRIS LYNCH -  MCSE, CCNA, CCA
NETWORK ENGINEER - INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
NRT Incorporated, 27271 Las Ramblas, Mission Viejo, CA 92691
Chris.lynch@xxxxxxxxxx  Tel 949.367.3406