[THIN] May NEOCUG Meeting Information

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thethin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, neocug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 06:36:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

Just wanted to tell you about our next meeting of the North East Ohio SBC
Users' Group which will be  Monday at 4:45 PM on May 9th, 2005 at the Cuyahoga
County Public Library Administration building (2111 Snow Rd Parma, Ohio) and
give you some news about Citrix's release of PS 4.

PLEASE RSVP: to Matt Lesak, Program Chairman at mailto:mtle@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Matt Lesak and Jim Kenzig attended BriForum in Washington DC this month.
BriForum was a 2 day technical conference put on by Brian Madden and company
that had some of the brightest minds and authors in the Thin Computing
community in attendance.  Rick Mack of Volante Systems in Australia put on an
excellent presentation on Tuning and Optimizing your applications on Terminal
Services and we have obtained permission to show this presentation at our
meeting.  This is an information packed presentation which everyone will get
something out of.

The second portion of our meeting we have booked Tony Altieri from Appsense
Technologies to tell us about their new product performance suite they just
released. Appsense will also sponsor the meeting for refreshments . Check out
their website at http://www.appsense.com

In other news Citrix announced today at strategy day that their version 4 of
Presentation server (it would appear that the name Metaframe has been removed
from the product) will be available coming up in the second quarter of this
year.  Read the press release here
http://www.citrix.com/English/NE/news/news.asp?newsID=20454

Citrix appears now to be taking the marketing tack of calling the product
Citrix Access Suite and Citrix Presentation Server.  Rumor has it that
Conferencing Manager will die a slow death also as a standalone product and be
rolled into the core product. It is really sad to see the MetaFrame name go by
the wayside.

PLEASE JOIN US!

Remember the most up to date information on the NEOCUG and past presentations
from meetings and directions to CCPL can be found at our website at:
http://thethin.net/neocug/

EVERYONE IS WELCOME! We are looking forward to seeing you on Monday!

When - 4:45pm, Monday May 9th.

Where - Cuyahoga County Public Library Administration Building in Parma.

Directions:

Cuyahoga County Public Library Administration Building

2111 Snow Rd.

Parma, Ohio 44134

Across the street from Midtown shopping center the administration building is
behind the Parma Snow Branch of Cuyahoga County Public Library.

Access from Interstate 480: exit on State Rd. and go south approximated 1.5
miles to Snow Rd. Turn Left (east) onto Snow Rd and the library is about 1 mile
down on the right hand side. There is a McDonalds across the street from the
driveway into the building. The administration building is the large building
in the back of the parking lot.

Access from Interstate 77: exit on Rockside Road and go west for about 4 miles
and up the hill. Cross Broadview Road and the library is about a half mile down
on the left side.

The meeting is in the auditorium to the left as you enter the building. You
will need to sign in with the receptionist desk when you arrive.

If you get there late and the door is locked please go to the information desk
at the library branch in front of the Admin building and ask them to call the
Auditorium to get someone to let you in.

WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU MONDAY EVENING!