[THIN] Re: MaxLocksPerFile for access 2000

  • From: "Stratton, Doug MSER:EX" <Doug.M.Stratton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 09:41:45 -0700

When did you do it?
What did you set it to?
Why did you do it?

-----Original Message-----
From: Minero Hector B DLVA [mailto:MineroHB@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Fri, May 23, 03 9:25 AM
To: 'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [THIN] Re: MaxLocksPerFile for access 2000

I did it.  No problems so far.

_________________________________
Hector Minero
NSWCDD Code K55
Ph: (540)653-8859
Fax:(540)653-8575

-----Original Message-----
From: Stratton, Doug MSER:EX [mailto:Doug.M.Stratton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2003 11:53 AM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] MaxLocksPerFile for access 2000

We are using MetaFrame XP/W2k/Office 2000

We have one person getting a message:File sharing lock count exceeded.
Increase MaxLocksPerFile registry entry. MS Knowledge base article 815281
talks about increasing the value.

Has anyone out there increased this registry value without any problems?

Thanks

Doug Stratton,
TDA, Workplace Support, http://icw.ista.gov.bc.ca/I_wss/workplace.asp
<http://icw.ista.gov.bc.ca/I_wss/workplace.asp>