[THIN] Mapped drive letters not visible in PS3 sessions

  • From: Angus Macdonald <Angus.Macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 14:57:54 -0000

I have a farm-wide problem with mapped drive letters. We map specific drive
letters for specific users at login but the drive letters are not listed in
explorer. If users open (for example) a file>open box and type the drive
letter into the filename box, the mapped drive contents show up and the
drive letter appears in Explorer as normal for the remainder of the session.
The only drives I hide are M: and N:.

The drive mappings are stored in an MSSQL database with home-built software
performing the mappings at login. We've tried mapping through the Windows
API and by generating and running .cmd files with "net use" commands but the
mapped letters don't show up, even though the map is successful.

Any suggestions? I don't particularly want to restart explorer at login,
although I suspect that'll work.