[THIN] Re: Manually removing server from CMC

  • From: C.Prickaerts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 16:30:05 +0200

Hi Collin,

Every server has a host file, coming from the days before DNS servers were
widely implemented.
The OS checks this file (winnt\system32\drivers\etc\host) for any static dns
entries before it moves on to querying the DNS server.
So if you put in an entry for a 'lost' server it won't ask the DNS server.

Hopes thi clarifies

Greets,

Chris