[THIN] Managing SAP on Citrix

  • From: "Bernd Harzog" <berndh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 08:53:30 -0400

Hi Folks,

I am doing some market research for a client of mine, and would like to take
a poll. For those of you who are supporting SAP on your MetaFrame farms,
what would be the significant challenges that you face? Please let me know
the order of the ones that I list below, or write in ones that I did not
list:

1. Getting blamed for SAP performance and reliability problems that are the
applications fault, and not the fault of the MetaFrame infrastructure
2. Proving that SAP can run as well on Citrix as it can in a fat client mode
3. Keeping up with changes in the application that are driven by the
business, without sacrificing performance or reliability
4. Getting SAP to run on Citrix at all
5. Getting SAP to scale and perform well on Citrix

Please just reply to the list so that everyone can benefit from your
insights.

Bernd Harzog
CEO
Applications Performance Management Experts
www.apmexperts.com
bernd.harzog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
770-475-4249

This Weeks Sponsor: ThinPrint GmbH