[THIN] Re: MSDE 2000 A breaks PS4?

  • From: "Berny Stapleton" <berny.stapleton@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 16:32:12 -0000

2000A by default doesn't have any network protocols enabled.

This is from the readme:

1. If the SQL Server client tools are installed on the computer, open
the Microsoft SQL Server program group, and then start the Server
Network utility. If the SQL Server client utilities are not installed,
run the Svrnetcn.exe file that is in the SQL Server Tools\Binn folder.
Generally, the reason the SQL Server client utilities are not installed
on a computer is that the computer is only running instances of MSDE
2000 that do not give the user a license to use the SQL Server client
utilities.

Also SQL authentication by default isn't turned on either, so you will
have to install the client tools from a SQL server
CD and that will give you Enterprise Manager to go through and turned
mixed authentications on.

Berny

  _____