[THIN] MSBLAST remove - AD Group Policy startup script.

  • From: "Paul DeHaan" <wppad@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 14:25:08 -0400

Here is a script that we have implemented as a Group Policy startup
script.  It will run each time a computer in our Active Directory domain
turns on or restarts their computer, then write to a log file if it
finds and removes one or move of the worms.  This has caught and removed
a number of unknown instances of the worm for us.

The program follows the basic steps to remove the MSBlast worm and some
of it's variants (posted by Symantec, NAI, etc.).  Feel free to use or
edit this to fit your environment.

Regards,