[THIN] Re: MSAM question

  • From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:24:55 -0700

I couldn't figure out which rights it needs, but I know that my account
works so I copied my account to a new name and guess what, it doesn't work.
The new account is a member of all the same groups that I am and has the
same NTFS permissions I have.  One of my security guys ran a tool (I think
Bindview, but maybe something else) against it and it shows us having the
same effective rights on the box.  I must be special :).  Is there some
tie-in from the agent service to MPS?  I haven't tried it yet, but the
service accounts I am using for MSAM are not MPS admins.

adam

                      "Braebaum, Neil"

                      <Neil.Braebaum@littlew        To:
<thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      oods.co.uk>                   cc:

                      Sent by:                      Subject:  [THIN] Re: MSAM
question
                      thin-bounce@freelists.

                      org

                      11/18/2004 08:41 AM

                      Please respond to thin

I'm pretty sure it's (one of) rights that are required that get
periodically blatted by the domain security policy.

Which seems somewhat weak, given that (from memory) the installer does
prompt you for credentials and (I think) defaults to domain accounts.

I also seem to recall that the documentation made no reference - other
than stating what was required. But the effective settings for whichever
right is being baulked, will tell a tale in the local security policy
mmc.

Neil

This Weeks Sponsor Emergent Online ThinCity Conference
Join us at ThinCity 2004: The 1st Annual Emergent OnLine Technology
Conference
http://www.ThinCity.com