[THIN] MS Project 2002 Prof on MetaFrame XP won't start

  • From: "ABDO Abdulghani -TSDC" <abdulghani.abdo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 16:03:13 -0400

I have MS Project 2002 Prof application installed on a CITRIX server
MetaFrame XP Version 1.0 SP3, FR3, and running on Windows 2000 server
SP3.

My users connect using an ICA session to the server desktop and launch
the application, users OS is Windows XP Prof.

I have noticed that only users with local administrative rights could
start this application [MS Project 2002 Prof], all other users fail to
launch the application and they receive the error. "Only Administrators
have permission to add, remove, or configure server software during a
terminal services remote session. If you want to install or configure
software on the server, contact your network administrator"

I have noticed that when the users try to launch the application as if
it trying to add more features and failing, since users do not have the
right change the existing setup, so the application launch fail to
start. I have inspected the current setup to find out if there is any
missing components or features that are not installed, but find that the
current installation to be full and complete.

Note: The application act as a thick client to allow users to connect to
another Enterprise Project Management server.

Any help is appreciated.

Abdul Abdo