[THIN] MS Licensing Servers

  • From: Miguel-Guzman@xxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 08:27:17 -0400

Hi All,

I will be upgrading our MF1.8 NT4 to MFXP Win2k and Win2k3 servers; we are
currently running a NT4 domain, and we are in the process of upgrading it to
AD (this will be done after our Citrix and TSE upgrade); our current
licensing service is located on our NT4 PDC.

I have questions about the MS Licensing Servers:

Can I set up our NT4 Licensing Server (NT4 PDC) to serve our Windows 2k and
2k3 licenses?

If we can, when we upgrade to AD and migrate our TSE licenses, how would our
TSE environment react to this?

Thank you!

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"

Miguel Enrique Guzmán
Network Analyst I

Sarasota Memorial Health Care System

<http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=1700+South+Tamiami+Trail&csz
=Sarasota%2C+FL++34239&country=us> 1700 South Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, FL 34239

 <mailto:Miguel-Guzman@xxxxxxx> Miguel-Guzman@xxxxxxx
 <http://www.smh.com> http://www.smh.com

tel: