[THIN] Re: MS Autoroute

  • From: Mark Mucher <mm@xxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 9:54:08 -0400

Isn't this the case with any M$ product?

I have always interpreted the licensing requirements to be that anyone who can
use it must have a license.  Security can determine who can use it.

A looser (more risky) way is to assume that if it isn't on their desktop, they
can't use it.

Mark

> From: "Robertson, Russell" <Russell.Robertson@xxxxxxxx>
> Date: 2002/10/16 Wed AM 09:46:11 EDT
> To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [THIN] Re: MS Autoroute
>

> The other interesting aspect would be the licensing. If you want to install
> e.g., MS Project, you require a *site* license (or enough licenses for
> everyone who can access your server). Whether this is the same for
> Autoroute/Map Point, I'm unsure.
>
> Regards
>
> Russell
> Russell Robertson
> Systems Engineer
> Amerada Hess Ltd.

This weeks sponsor New Moon Canaveral IQ
New Moon Canaveral IQ is an intelligent
alternative to Citrix® MetaFrame ? for
delivering and managing centrally-deployed
Windows-based applications
http://www.newmoon.com