[THIN] Re: MS Antivirus \ Spyware

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 09:25:40 -0500

It's >NOT< an AntiVirus tool.  It's AntiSpyware, and it labelled so.  I
just realized the subject from the original post said AntiVirus.  That
isn't correct.

There's a grey area between something being a virus or spyware, so while
the MS AntiSpyware program may pick up some things that are picked up by
software that does AV only (I mean strictly AV, with no additional
spyware checks/removal like some of the newer version do), it doesn't
make it an AntiVirus product.