[THIN] MS Access error on Win 2008 R2 RDS Server

  • From: Rob Moore <RMoore@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 10:01:04 -0400

I've installed MS Access (2003) on a Windows 2008 R2-based RDS server. I used
Office 2003 because that's what the custom database that's needed on that
server was created in, and we wanted to keep it consistent. When I open Access
with my account, everything is fine. When I open it with a newly-created test
account, everything is also fine. However, when one of my IT colleagues logs
onto the RDS server and tries to open Access, she gets the following error:
"This feature is not available. For more information, contact your system
administrator." When you click OK, Access quits.

The only relevant article I found suggested this is caused by installing a
trial version of Office. But this is not a trial version. And I did install it
according to the MS rules for installing apps on an RDS server.

Any thoughts? Should I just uninstall Access and reinstall it?

Thanks,
Rob

Rob Moore
Network Manager