[THIN] MPeg2 on XPe Thin

  • From: "Ron Jameson" <rjameson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 17:26:43 -0500

Has anyone ever tried and successfully gotten a DVD movie to play from
an external DVD on a thin client?  We have tried a neoware running Xpe
but WMP 8 is the latest version and when we tried to run other MPEG2
codecs - it just cannot play a DVD movie/mpeg2 from XPe.  Have also
tried to load up VLC with no success either.

Wyse also says "no go" on a standard Xpe but it may be hacked to work.
We are tying to use a thin client connected to a projector in a conf
room to be able to do it all.  Any success stories out there before we
resort to a slim dell fat pc in the ceiling?

Regards,

Ron Jameson
Hamlin Technologies

This Weeks Sponsor: Cesura, Inc.
Know about Citrix end-user slowdowns before they know.
Know the probable cause, immediately.
Know it all now with this free white paper.
http://www.cesurasolutions.com/landing/WPBCForCitrix.htm?mc=WETBCC