[THIN] Re: MPS4 - CPSVC hang / login's stuck on "Running Login Scripts"

  • From: "Rick Mack" <Rick.Mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 17:21:08 +1000

Hi Michel,

If only the paperless office was real.

Third-party printer drivers that adhere reasonably well to the Microsoft
Unidriver framework rarely give us problems, with the exception of the
need to be able to compile the .gpd files to .bud files in the w32x86\3
folder. The same goes for most postscript printer drivers.

However the HP Color LaserJet 4650 postscript driver includes 4
executables (*.exe), a dozen or so DLLs and several configuration files.
It sucks.

Marketing must be in control again in the HP printer division and common
sense has gone out the window. Either that or they hired some developers
from Xerox :-(

regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack