[THIN] Re: MPS4 - CPSVC hang / login's stuck on "Running Login Scripts"

  • From: "IT Support" <it@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 09:12:12 -0000

Hmm - doesn't sound like it will directly fix the problem, but certainly
worth a try.

Issue(s) Resolved in this Hotfix

Caution! Several items in this hotfix may require you to edit the
registry. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems
that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Citrix cannot
guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry
Editor can be solved . Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

1. Autocreated printers cannot be shared. This occurs because to share a
printer, the Server service must access the printer. The Server service
runs under the local SYSTEM account, which is not added to the printer's
access control list.

With this fix, the local SYSTEM account is added to the printer's access
control list so that autocreated printers can be shared.

[From PSE400R01W2K3009][#123268]

2. Printer properties cannot be saved for printers using the legacy
naming convention.

[From PSE400R01W2K3009][#127066]

3. When using a legacy client (Version 8.x or earlier) to connect to a
server running Presentation Server 4.0 or later, default printer
properties for mapped UPD printers may not be created. An event ID 1103
is logged instead.

[From PSE400R01W2K3009][#128341]

  _____