[THIN] MPS4 - CPSVC hang / login's stuck on "Running Login Scripts"

  • From: "IT Support" <it@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 00:25:46 -0000

Has anyone found a solution for this issue yet...

We've tried all the usual things and patched our servers up, as well as
some others (and thanks to those who have contacted me from this list
about the problem already) but the problem persists....

Cpsvc crashes regularly - we've set recovery options to restart the
service upon failure, which isn't too bad for people logged on
already...

Every so often the server will refuse any new ica logins, freezing on
"running login scripts for the user"

When this happens, my workaround is to stop the cpsvc and print spooler
services, and then start cpsvc - any frozen logins will continue to log
in, however they don't get any printers until they log out / on again.

I've torn out so much hair I've hardly any left .... Don't let me go
completely bald! :-)

Nik