[THIN] MPS3.0 new install

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 08:57:58 -0400

Greetings all.  Today we begin evaluating MPS3.0, SAM, Password Manager,
and Conference Manager.  It's been 2 years since I've last used Citrix
and back then we were running XPa/Nfuse Classic on 1 box.

For testing purposes (using eval versions) we are using our standard
Optiplex GX280 (3.0ghz boxes).  I'd like to setup the test system in a
way that I'd use in production if we end up purchasing product.
Currently we run 2 terminal servers and publish 4 main business
applications via environment tab or a custom EXE that kills explorer.exe
and gives you a desktop view with only a LogOff button and individual
shortcuts to programs.  If we purchased Citrix, we would continue with a
similar setup but would probably rely on having everyone login to a
website and launch programs via seamless links.  We could also add some
fully published desktops to users.

In total I have around 40-50 users at 1 time in my terminal servers, but
we are looking at deploying a new business product that could increase
this number to many hundreds of users.

In any event, planning for what may happen in production, I'd like to
setup the test machines to mimic, but obviously for a much smaller
userbase to test with.  I'm mainly looking for the end user experience
to be the same in test mode.  If I can replicate the same end user feel
by using one machine for testing purposes, but split it up into multiple
machines for production, then I'll go that route.  But if I need
separate machines for any given product, then I'll use separate machines
in test mode.

Please offer your guidance!

Thanks