[THIN] Re: MPS3 slow performance and citrix cient version

  • From: "Lode Rammelaere" <Lode.Rammelaere@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 13:59:23 +0100

30 seconds is not slow,...

Greetings

Lode Rammelaere

-----Original Message-----
From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of msemon@xxxxxxx
Sent: woensdag 17 november 2004 23:46
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: MPS3 slow performance and citrix cient version

You might look at this if the Hotfix does not apply to you.

http://www.brianmadden.com/content/content.asp?ID=76

This covers many issues that affecting slow logons

From: Rob Beekmans robbeekmans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 21:39:53 +0100
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi list,

This might be a question answered before, but I couldn't find the
answers I
was looking for...

I've installed a MPS3 / w2k farm last week.
Now users are complaining that the performance is exceptional slow, I
think
this is due to the fact they run only mcaccess based applications..

The funny thing is that the hardware is the same as before, so are the
applications and before the upgrade to mps3 and the reinstall of w2k it
wasn't that slow and they had more users on one server (now they run two
server, single processor though).
Only major difference is that w2k has sp4 installed (needs to for mps3)

Server is up to date on windows updates, and some Citrix ones....
I'm not really sure anymore what more I could tune.....maybe anyone has
any
more suggestions i haven't thought about.

Setup is:

W2k sp4 with mps3
Office2003
MSAccess XP (two heavily used apps based on access)
Acrobat 6.01

10 users per server running each 2 msaccess apps.
Client printing only for remote users in Poland and Denmark enabled.
Client drive mapping enabled for management only (2 persons)
Client printer drivers use only natives.

What I was thinking of was that some of them, maybe all, are using older
Citrix clients.....would update them resolve some of the performance
issues?
Most users have a thin client, ANT or Wyse.

Hope you guys (and girls) got some suggestions....

Greetings and thanks
Rob

This Weeks Sponsor Emergent Online ThinCity Conference
Join us at ThinCity 2004: The 1st Annual Emergent OnLine Technology
Conference
http://www.ThinCity.com

http://mail2web.com/ .