[THIN] Re: MPS3 or MPS4

  • From: Sidney McCoy <sidney.mccoy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 13:12:27 -0700

Sounds almost identical to my situation.  New Dell servers arrived in
December/January, but my emphasis has remained on maintaining existing in
order to make certain I get the W2k3 right (rather than migrate and them go
back for a rebuild).

Issues encountered thus far include:

-  W2k3 SP1 could not connect to "https:" WI sites so had to REBUILD all W2k3
terminal servers without SP1 (very painful)

-  Have enjoyed some advancement in CPS4 over MPS3; however, we continue to
note the release of new software impacting the transition to production (e.g.:
Microsoft & Citrix patch releases & testing, Neoware client firmware upgrades,
and new printer & driver)

-  No real association between W2k3 & NT4 (except for Trust relationship)
presents challenge in incremental migration of users (e.g.: DFS share
permissions).

Good luck,

~;~