[THIN] MPS3 issues?

  • From: "Roger Riggins" <roger.riggins@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 16:31:23 -0500

I have one MPS3 (is that what we're calling it?) server in production
along with the rest of my MFXP servers. I'm finding that IMA is crashing
occasionally (2-3 times per day) and the service needs to be restarted.
I've recreated the LHC and it didn't fix it. I didn't notice anything
unusual in the event log aside from IMA when this happens. This is from
system event log:

Event Type:       Error
Event Source:    Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID:           7031
Date:                5/17/2004
Time:                1:49:44 PM
User:                N/A
Computer:         CITRIX01
The Independent Management Architecture service terminated unexpectedly.
It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be
taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

Also, WI users click on a published app and nothing happens. If I
restart the XML service on the MPS3 server, it fixes the problem
immediately. No errors are logged for XML. The MPS3 server is first on
the list of servers in WI admin. There doesn't seem to be any time
correlation between issues with IMA and XML.

The new server is the data collector and ica resolves to the new server
in DNS.

Is anybody else experiencing these or similar problems with the new
version of Citrix?

Thanks,

Roger Riggins
Network Administrator