[THIN] MF for UNIX and NFuse Problem

  • From: "Joe Fojut" <Fojut.Joseph@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Citrix Mail List" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 10:10:33 -0500

We have encountered a problem with getting a published application from a MF
for UNIX 1.2 server to work with NFUSE 1.8.  The application (a full Unix
desktop) appears in the NFuse application list.  But when you click on the
application, NFuse gives you the following the error "The MetaFrame server
returned an unspecified error".

Here is our scenario:

We are running MetaFrame for Unix 1.2 on Solaris

We have activated the base license and FR-1 license for MetaFrame for Unix.

The published application can be seen and works when accessed from program
neighborhood.

You can telnet to the Unix MetaFrame sever on port 80

Published applications from our Windows farms are seen and run on NFuse.

Here is one thing we are not sure about.  When we run the command
./ctxnfusecfg -list we get the this:

  Name       : [DEFAULT APPLICATION]

  Icon       : []

  SSL        : []

We're not sure if this means NFuse is configured correctly or incorrectly on
the Unix server.  Any suggestions on what we can do next to get this running
on NFuse would be appreciated because we are hitting a wall at this point.

Thanks,

Joe Fojut

Research Computing Facility

Mayo Clinic