[THIN] Re: MF dependancy on windows browsing

  • From: "Steve Raffensberger" <sraffens1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 11:41:25 -0500

In what way were they affected?
Are they NT4 as well?

-----Original Message-----
From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2004 11:32 AM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] MF dependancy on windows browsing

Hi All,

How does MF make use of Windows browsing?

Here the situation:  We had an ip config problem on two NT4 servers which
got into a browser election war with our PDC emulator.  This has happened
three times before and has now been fixed.  It took me a while to find the
offenders.   Besides the three servers just mentioned, the only servers
that suffered an adverse reaction were those running Metaframe.  Pure TS
servers didn't seem to notice.  So why is MF affected and only MF?

adam

http://www.seamlessplanet.com

http://www.seamlessplanet.com