[THIN] MF XP, FR2 and Adobe Acrobat 4

  • From: "k9momof3" <k9momof3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 14:33:03 -0500

Hi all.  We have to run Acrobat 4 on our server, I cannot upgrade it to 5.  One
of the apps the users need can only use Acrobat 4.  When printing a pdf to a
HPLJ 4000N, we get special characters instead of text.  I was getting the
special characters on my workstation until I upgraded the printer driver.  I've
looked through all my metaframe printing documentation and I can't seem to find
a way to just update a printer driver.  Am I going to cause problems if I just
go into server properties and update the driver?  Will this break the Universal
Printer Driver?  OR...has someone else had the pdf printing problem and solved
it another way?  Sorry for the newbie question and thanks!