[THIN] MF 1.8 Gurus... problem displaying Gifs

  • From: Nick Crisp <thinlist.org@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 09:38:40 +1100

Hi all
I no longer have a working version of 1.8 installed so i am unable to test
this
But I have a customer with 1.8 and they are trying to publish our own
developed application

The problem is that for some reason their 1.8 MF environment cannot display
the embedded Gif files that appear on our splash screen and the button menu
within the application
They appear as if only 256 color rather than 16 bit

and as a result they look all mashed and blue

i have seen these gif files appear this way when using Win2k terminal
services without Citrix due to 256 color restriction of Win2kTS

The customer assures me that Citrix it is set to display at 16 bit color

and a screen shot of the correct colors in a word document displayed by the
same Citrix server work perfectly

This leads me to believe that MF 1.8 may have a problem displaying Gif files
in there true color

Has anyone out there ever seen or heard of such a problem..

**scratches head** its got me beat and ive been unable to find a solution
via the Citrix KB

Thanks
Nick