[THIN] Re: ME Client and local printers in WTS

  • From: Marco Cortigiani <tuscan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 21:15:09 -0400

I see the light now. I don't think that you can map printers using just
w2k. I am still not sure about what you are trying to do. Even if you
have your user map the server printer to an lpt port she will print to
the printer that is located in you facility not the remote one. Is this
what you want?  Try to have your user type an net use command from her
terminal session to map her printer. The problem with that is that even
if the printer is shared, TS will have problem connecting to it because
the workstation and the server are not sharing the same wins, or ddns.