[THIN] Re: MDAC ? And sql

  • From: "Jim Hathaway" <JimH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 15:39:09 -0800

Have you made sure that you are connecting to the SQL resource via
TCP/IP, not named pipes (the default)?

To check / change this do the following . . .=20

You can check this by opening the file C:\Program
Files\Citrix\Independant Management Architecture\MF20.DSN The file
should have the following lines:

Address=3DYOURSERVERNAME,1433
Network=3DDBMSSOCN

If not include the above two lines in your MF20.DSN file then run the
following command:
dsmaint config /user:SQLusername /pwd:password
/dsn:C:\PROGRA~1\Citrix\INDEPE~1\MF20.DSN

This should successfully connect to the DS via TCPIP. Stop and restart
the IMA service. You should check you are now connecting to the DS via
TCPIP by the netstat -a command. This should show:

on Win2K: TCP yourwtsname:2162 yoursqlservername:ms-sql-s ESTABLISHED
on TSE: TCP yourwtsname:2162 yoursqlservername:1433 ESTABLISHED