[THIN] Re: MAC user getting cert error

  • From: Ben Pelzer <Ben.Pelzer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 15:08:52 +0100

Cathy,

I don't know if you already solved this issue, but I had the same issue today
with one of our Mac users and wanted to share my solution
The user had added the certificate to the Login and System keychains and to
Firefox as instructed, but it still didn't work
He kept getting SSL errors ("You have not choosen to trust yada yada yada")

Turns out he had the Java client selected by default as Client Preference...
So I had him log in to the Web Interface, click the settings button in the
Application window, choose Client Preferences and set it to Local Client
After that all was well again

Mac rules! ;-)

Ben

-------------------
Subject: [THIN] MAC user getting cert error
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 13:51:10 -0800
From: "Cathy Campbell" <Cathy.Campbell@xxxxxxx>

I have a MAC user (using the MAC ICA OSX client) that is unable to
launch apps in Citrix.  He keeps getting the message "You have not
chosen to trust "Verisign Class 3 Secure Server CA," the issuer of the
server's security certificate.  Error number 183"

He has the Verisign Class 3 Sercure Server CA.cer file.  I had him
rename the file with a .crt extension and place it in the
Applications:Citrix ICA Client:keystore:cacerts folder on his MAC, and
Always to trust the certificate.

He continues to get the "You have not chosen to trust "Verisign Class 3
Secure Server CA," the issuer of the server's security certificate.
Error number 183" error message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cathy

//www.freelists.org/list/thin
You can follow the Thin List on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/thinlist
http://thinmaillist.blogspot.com
HOT! Thinlist Mobile Feed!
http://thinlist.net/mobile
Thinlist quick pick
http://thinlist.net

------
Scanned for Malware and Spam by Open Line Smart E-mail Filter

------
Scanned for Malware and Spam by Open Line Smart E-mail Filter

//www.freelists.org/list/thin
Follow ThinList on Twitter
http://twitter.com/thinlist
http://thinmaillist.blogspot.com