[THIN] Re: M$ Patching...

  • From: Dogers <dogers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:45:25 +0100

On 23/08/05, Schneider, Chad M <CMSchneider@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Apparently not, as I manually installed the M$ patches last night, including
> that new windows update piece (which I think is the problem), and I now have
> to go back and reboot 27 servers I patched last night.

Ahh, you might find automatic updates turned on then?

You'll want to have a look at the GP options for the update service -
you can force the reboot message not to show for users

> Typically, I patch throughout the week, and wait for my weekly reboots on
> Sun.

Thats a risky business isnt it? :)

Andrew

This Weeks Sponsor: triCerat Inc.
You need Day Zero Protection!
Get Proactive with triCerat's Simplify Suite.
Solve printing, security and profile problems before they occur.
http://www.tricerat.com/?thethintl2