[THIN] Lync - Xen App 6.5

  • From: Stephen Rogers <Stephen.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 10:25:17 +0000

Hello,

We are deploying Lync throughout our organisation to replace our telephone
system.

Does anyone have any experience of running this over Citrix, in terms of
bottlenecks, voice quality etc. we will have about 70 users spread over 2
servers with various LAN / WAN connections with variable bandwidth.

Initial testing seems to be OK, although voice quality via remote connections
(Web Interface) can sometimes be a bit broken up.

I'm just concerned that the more users we have on the boxes the more the
servers will choke, affecting voice quality.

On another note, I'm trying to see what the HDX real-time optimization pack
will do but struggling to down load it for Xen App 6.5, none of the links seem
to work.

Can anyone explain what this will do for Lync and also where I can get it from.

Any help / comments appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Stephen
Stephen M. Rogers| ICT Support & Development Worker
C&K Careers
78 John William Street | Huddersfield | HD1 1EH
T: 01484 226700
F: 08724 464511
[cid:image001.jpg@01D0349B.4E2DE430]<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.gov.lookinglocal.ckca&feature=search_result>W:
 www.ckcareers.co.uk<http://www.ckcareers.co.uk/> |
www.workabout.org.uk<http://www.workabout.org.uk/>|
www.cktraining.co.uk<http://www.cktraining.co.uk/>
[cid:image008.png@01D0349B.58A88A00]

P  Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail
C & K Careers Ltd. (C&KC) - Reg. Office: 78 John William Street, Huddersfield,
West Yorkshire, HD1 1EH; Company Number: 3039360. This e-mail and all its
attachments are confidential to the intended recipients. Do not disclose them
to anyone else. If received in error, please destroy your copies and notify us
by return e-mail. Please see disclaimer at:
www.workabout.org.uk/termsandconditions.htm<http://www.workabout.org.uk/termsandconditions.htm>

JPEG image

JPEG image

JPEG image