[THIN] Re: Lotus Notes 5.x with Remapped Drives

  • From: "M" <mathras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 22:16:48 +0100

Hello there,

Thanks for the reply.
The errors occurs when using either seamless published applications or when
running via a desktop.
The apps are on the same server not on different servers.

I can also replicate the issue on a normal workstation as well with a
notes/data directory on a mapped drive... users home area.

Try this on a Citrix server
Open Lotus Notes and log in.

Open internet explorer and click on a page that has a mailto hyperlink.
a new instance of Notes opens up and fails with an error. This happens even
if Lotus Notes is the default mail client and HKCR\mailto is configured
correctly.

On a workstation with a notes.ini in the default install location , on the
local drive, the above will work even if the data directory is on a share.
Lotus can be opened , clicking on  a mailto hyperlink on a web page results
in a new memo being opened up inside the existing Notes session.
However, if the notes.ini is moved to the share you have to amend the
registry in various places to ensure that the path to the ini file is found.
As soon as this happens, the standard behaviour breaks.

I can replicate the same issue on a server and a workstation.

Regards