[THIN] Re: Losing Default Printers

  • From: Seán Carr <pne1881@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 21:05:59 +0000 (GMT)

Many thanks for the suggestion Thomas.

Bye for now,
Seán Carr
Techniche Ltd.

Monahan, Thomas wrote:

Sounds like the driver you are using for one of the printer that the

users
uses is causing the problems. Try using a different driver, one that

is
known to work well on citrix, and see if the users still get the
issue.

I would say that the reason there are some prints going to the wrong

printer
is just due to them printing directly to their default printer, that

has
changed during logon to something different.

Regards,
Thomas

KB
> article Q214593 ("Windows Terminal Server with Metaframe ICA
Client
> Cannot Autocreate Some Printers") suggests editing WTSUPRN.TXT but

> don't need these client to server mappings - none of the drivers
> listed in the Event logs are needed for Citrix use - can I safely
> delete them on the workstations?
>
> Finally, I see in the archive a suggestion that it could be down
> workstations not having unique names but that's not the case - any
> pointers much appreciated.
>
> Bye for now,
> Seán Carr
> Techniche Ltd.