[THIN] Loosing mapped printers

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 10:11:07 -0400

I'm continually having issues with users randomly loosing their mapped
printers inside an application.  It can occur in any and every
application.  Adobe Reader, Office Apps, some of my business level apps.
It occurs even with client 9.150.  I'm on PS4.0 with a few printing
related hotfixes.  I still have to roll out R01.  I'm using actual
printer drivers from HP and Dell, mostly all PCL, so no UPD.

The fix is always the same.  Have the user close down their application
and re-open it. If there are multiple apps running on the server with
the app that has lost the printer, they may need to close those
applications as well?

I've got nothing wacky going on with the way I'm running the farm or
printer mappings.  It's all pretty standard and almost as basic as it
can be, in my opinion.

Is this just something I need to get over and expect to just always
occur, or is there same way to solve this complete or make it occur far
less then it does?