[THIN] Re: Loopback

  • From: Frank Monroe <Frank.Monroe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 11:09:43 -0600

Loopback is great for terminal servers.  For example, you may have a domain
policy that sets a specific screen savor to run on all systems.  However,
when the users logon to your terminal servers, you may want a different
screen savor or none at all.  What loopback does is apply the user policy
settings when a user logs into a particular system that is in an OU rather
than using the OU's that the user's account is in only.  Loopback only
replaces policies from higher OU's if the collide.