[THIN] Re: Looking for your Original/Innovative uses for Citrix for a presentation I am doing

  • From: "Rob Slayden" <rslayden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 12:06:48 -0700

Damon,

Yes you would be using the RDP protocol and you would run this on TS
servers instead of Citrix. Note that you could also run it "on top" of
Citrix to get some of the enhanced functionality from Provision that
Citrix does not provide.

I have seen mention on this list and in other places that the most
current versions of ICA and RDP are pretty close as far as bw
utilization. I don't recall seeing anything specific regarding latency.
Check out this article on Brian Madden's website regarding Citrix versus
pure TS:
http://www.brianmadden.com/content/content.asp?ID=494

The best thing to do would be to get an eval and set it up and start
testing. Test side-by-side over one of your worst connections and see
what shakes out, though I believe the obvious best bet would be to try
to get your network issues resolved first. Good luck and let us know
what you find out!

rob