[THIN] Re: Looking for more testers for my Xenapp & PVS PoSH scripts

  • From: Webster <webster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "<thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 12:11:58 +0000

run the xa5 script with -verbose and send me the output of the posh session.

thanks

webster

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 5, 2013, at 8:14 PM, "Magnus Hjorleifsson"
<magnus@xxxxxxxx<mailto:magnus@xxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Webster
I am running the XA 5 script on a medium size farm ( about 300 servers )
I did run into an issue with it hanging after loading the xenapp commands.

Windows 2003 x64 and x86 sp2 XA 5 hrp07

I am testing the 6.5 one tomorrow in a small farm ( about 20 servers )

The pVS one I was going to hit the end of the week after I finish building it
out

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 5, 2013, at 16:34, Webster
<webster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:webster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Needing more testers for my scripts before they are released.  I can only cover
so many scenarios in my little lab.

An update to Version 3 of the XenApp 6.5 farm documentation script is 99.99%
complete.

This update handles:

·         Offline or unreachable XenApp servers when the Citrix services are
processed

·         Cases where for the Word userinfo registry key, sometimes Company
exists but not CompanyName and sometimes CompanyName exists but not Company

·         My southern drawl has been cleaned up in script messages.  No more
“runnin”, “gettin” or “settin”. :)

Script is here:
https://fmd-4fa86af09e7750-03118659.sharefile.com/d/s756a2d09f4b42a1b

Version 2 of the XenApp 5 farm documentation script is 99.99% complete.

This version includes:

·         All the bug fixes from the XenApp 6.5 V3 script (the core code is the
same)

·         Creates a Word document with Cover Page, Table of Contents, Headings
and Footer (Word 2007 or 2010)

o   XenApp 5 PowerShell doesn’t support remoting and Word 2013 can’t be
installed on 2003 or 2008

·         Full help text is available (get-help .\XA5_Inventory_V2.ps1 –full)

·         Since I offer a signed version of the script, three parameters are
needed:

o   CompanyName (Who the report is for)

o   CoverPage (Which Word cover page to use)

o   UserName (Who ran the report)

§  Note: CompanyName can be a customer and username can be the consulting
company who created the report

·         Full text expansion of returned values

o   i.e. “FallbackOnly” becomes "Use universal driver only if requested driver
is unavailable"

·         Where it makes sense, Enabled and Disabled become Yes and No

·         Full handling of ALL the differences between XenApp 5 on Server and
Server 2008

o   i.e. Server 2003 is “HDX” and Server 2008 still uses “ICA”

Script is here:
https://fmd-4fa86af09e7750-03118659.sharefile.com/d/s934e1453d374728b

Version 2 of the PVS farm documentation script is functionally complete and I
rate it as 50% complete.  There is so much to PVS and I can only test very few
scenarios in my lab.  I have tested with PVS 5.6 SP3, PVS 6.0 and PVS 6.1.

·         All the bug fixes from the XenApp 6.5 V3 script (the core code is the
same)

·         Creates a Word document with Cover Page, Table of Contents, Headings
and Footer (Word 2007 or 2010 or 2013)

·         Full help text is available (get-help .\PVS_Inventory_V2.ps1 –full)

·         Since I offer a signed version of the script, three parameters are
needed:

o   CompanyName (Who the report is for)

o   CoverPage (Which Word cover page to use)

o   UserName (Who ran the report)

§  Note: CompanyName can be a customer and username can be the consulting
company who created the report

·         Where it makes sense, Enabled and Disabled become Yes and No

·         LOTS of bug and logic fixes from the original script

Script is here:
https://fmd-4fa86af09e7750-03118659.sharefile.com/d/sc328938d5bc46179
Sample report from PVS56:
https://fmd-4fa86af09e7750-03118659.sharefile.com/d/s5ffe15afe844a4a8