[THIN] Looking for ideas on setting up printers

  • From: "Craig Gauss" <gaucra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 09:12:03 -0600

I know the majority of people on this list are running Citrix, but I
figured I would ask a Tarantella Secure Global Desktop question.  It may
relate to Citrix in ways I guess.

We are rolling out SGD at our facility.  Issue I have come up with is we
are using the launchpad and having users launch the apps that way.  We
disabled printer map backs as the printer names get confusing for some
of our users.  So when we set up a new user we do all the Active
Directory items, then log on to one of our SGD servers and setup their
profile on there along with adding printers they may use.  Issue we are
running in to is when someone needs an additional printer.  Either A) We
go to them have them RDP to the SGD servers and add the printer or B)
Change there password and we log on and do it.

Is there any sort of script or program that we could use to add printers
to a persons Terminal Services profile?  Any way to set their default
printer?

Thanks.