[THIN] Re: Looking for good books and recommentations

  • From: "Magnus" <magnus@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 15:39:50 -0500

I would not recommend using a software firewall for any business especially
if you are dependent on remote locations connecting to your MF servers.
Software firewalls typically stink and are full of holes (the operating
system mostly unless you are runing Unix/solaris or hardened linux).  That's
my nickel

As far as good books take a look at the ASP Insdustry Consortium's Security
and Best pratices white papers they can give you a basic idea and have lot
of refernces to various books and sites.  Security is not a cookie cutter
type thing.  The best way to approach it is to get as much information as
you can and present the best options (typically many options in varing price
ranges)

Magnus