[THIN] Re: Looking for good books and recommendations

  • From: "Greg Reese" <GReese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 15:15:05 -0500

sygate makes a good software firewall.  I have used Wingate in the past =
with decent results too.  A good firewall is worth every penny though.  =
I use a watchguard Firebox II and their products and support are great. =
I set up a Watchguard SOHO for a friend.  it is cheaper than a firebox =
but just as good.

I have had great results with DLink network gear.  We use a lot of Cisco =
here for our main routers but our wireless equipment some of the other =
stuff is all DLink.  The DLink stuff has worked out better than the =
Cisco in some instances.  Most of it came with a 5 year warranty which =
is more than you will get out of other brands for the price.

Check the websites for network equipment companies, they will have lots =
of diagrams to help you explain things to your boss.

Greg