[THIN] Long Connection Times

  • From: "Walsh, Tim" <Tim_Walsh@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 12:57:23 -0400

I hope someone has an idea...

We have a set of Win2K servers, SP3, MFXPe FR2, hotfixes up to 81.  IBM
x345-31X (2x 2.4Ghz, Serveraid 4Mx). The problem is that once a few users
log on, the servers take forever to answer a connection request.  Tracnig
the connection shows the TCP session being setup, then the client waits for
the server to send the packet with "ICA" in it (4th packet of the
transaction).

The idle listeners on the server will eventually go into a ConnectQuery
state, and anytime from 15sec to 2min later the conneciton will open. Once
the user is logon screen appears all is OK. We will also see PerfLib errors
in the event log referencing PerfTs.dll around the same time this occurs

I have 11 servers in another location on the same hardware/software where
the issue does not appear.  MS has hotfix 839161 which supposedly fixes
this, but it did not work.

I have an open ticket with MS since the problem occurs on RDP as well.  MS
has determined from a network perspective that all is OK, and they see the
delayed response.  We have sent perflogs to MS as well and are waiting.

Has anyone run into something like this before, and if so how did you fix
it?  We have over 100 other servers that do not exhibit this behavior.

Thanks in advance

tw

than buying more servers.
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=147