[THIN] Re: Logon times on 2k

  • From: Mark Guzzo <marguz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 12:33:43 -0600

Nice!
I will look for them. :-)

Greg Reese wrote:
there is a key in user\shell\folders that you can use to set the temp =
filesto c:\Temp. I forget the exact reg path but I am sure someone = does.
There are also keys for favorites and cookies. I set those back = to my
usershome drives. That way they still get their favorites even = though I
usemandatory profiles. -----Original Message----- From: Mark Guzzo
[mailto:marguz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[1]] Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2002 1:00 PM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[2] Subject: [THIN] Re: Logon times on 2k =20 WOW! I
just looked at the size of the profiles in question, and they = were 15 to
20M in size! How can they get so big when all they are are published =
IE?=20After I removed the profiles and login as one of them, the speed of
theloginimproved 3 fold! So, do you think that it could be caching the temp
internet pages? I = will do a search on this :-)=20 If so, I would think it
would be writen to there home directory. Joe Shonk wrote: Don't delete the
keys, just blank out the StubPath value for things =3D = like IE, Outlook,
Address Book. Also, profile size will have alot to do with = slow logins.
Misconfigured =3D IP settings, etc... Are the logins slow if you = login
fromthe console? =3D RDP? -----Original Message----- From: Mark Guzzo
[mailto:marguz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[1[3]]] Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2002 9:58 =
AM To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[2[4]] Subject: [THIN] Re: Logon times on 2k =3D20
=Hello, I did a search in thethin archives on the keyword "loadwc.exe" and
found someinteresting info. I have removed loadwc.exe and turned off the =3D
protected storage, but I'm holding back on deleting the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\active setup\Installed components =
=3Dkey. There is so much info in this key, I really don't know if I will =
FUBAR =3Dmy oneserver.=3D20 P.J. Johannsen wrote: Getting rid of the message
= "Applying your personal settings" doesn't increasethe login time. Getting
rid of = it canactually cause a few more problems because users don't
recognize = anything happening after double clicking the icon. Odds are,
theywill try = several times waiting for something to happen. This can open
up several app instances. We had to =3D put itback because of this. I don't
remember = how I gotrid of it, I think it =3D was an AD setting, but I am
sure someone on = this list will know. Just be preparedfor the user effect.
PJ From: "Greg = Yorke (V)" =3D <GYorke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>[5][3][1] Reply-To:
thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[2[4[6]]] = To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'"[7][5][3]
<thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>[8][6][4] Subject: [THIN] Logontimes on 2k Date: Wed, 18
=3D Dec 2002 16:31:12 -0800 I was = wondering if anyone knew how to get rid
of the "Applying your personal settings" = screen from appearing. Hopefully
so =3D that I can speed-up the logons for = users. I amfinding that logons
onWin 2k =3D are longer than on Win NT 4.0 TSE. = This is a topic that is in
the list =3D archives. I have done the following and = all have helped a bit
but not as much as getting rid of that logon screen. Thingstried: 1. deleted
the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\active setup, Installed components
=3D key 2. Made the clients printer, default printer only. 3. played with
theLOADWC.EXE file. Thanks for any advise, = G.
LCA, = LCP Citrix Administrator "Don't Fear The =3D Penguin."=3D20 --- Links
--- 1 mailto:GYorke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[12[14]] 2
mailto:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[13[15]]3 mailto:'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[14[16]]' 4
mailto:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[15[17]] 5 http://www.99point9.com[16[18]] 6
http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm[17[19]] 7
http://join.msn.com/?page=3D3Dfeatures/virus[18[20]] 8 =
http://www.99point9.com[19[21]] 9 http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm[20[22]]
Citrix Administrator "Don't Fear The = Penguin."=20 --- Links --- 1
mailto:marguz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[27] 2 mailto:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[28] 3
mailto:GYorke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[29] 4 mailto:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[2[30] 5
mailto:'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[31]' 6 mailto:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[32] 7
http://www.99point9.com[5[33] 8 http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm[6[34] 9
http://join.msn.com/?page=3D3Dfeatures/virus[7[35] 10
http://www.99point9.com[8[36] 11 http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm[9[37] 12
mailto:GYorke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[38] 13 mailto:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[39] 14
mailto:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[40] 15 mailto:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[41] 16
http://www.99point9.com[42] 17 http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm[43] 18
http://join.msn.com/?page=3D3Dfeatures/virus[44] 19 http://www.99point9.com[45]
20 http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm[46] 21 http://www.99point9.com[47] 22
http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm[48] 23 http://www.99point9.com[49] 24
http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm[50]
-- Mark Guzzo Sair LCA, LCP Citrix Administrator "Don't Fear The Penguin."

   3 mailto:marguz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[1
   4 mailto:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[2
   5 mailto:GYorke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
   6 mailto:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[2[4