[THIN] Re: Logon times on 2k

  • From: Mark Guzzo <marguz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 10:58:03 -0600

Hello,

I did a search in thethin archives on the keyword "loadwc.exe" and found
someinteresting info. I have removed loadwc.exe and turned off the protected
storage, but I'm holding back on deleting the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\active setup\Installed components key.
There is so much info in this key, I really don't know if I will FUBAR my
oneserver.

P.J. Johannsen wrote:
Getting rid of the message "Applying your personal settings" doesn't
increasethe login time. Getting rid of it can actually cause a few more
problems because users don't recognize anything happening after double
clicking the icon. Odds are, they will try several times waiting for
something to happen. This can open up several app instances. We had to put
itback because of this. I don't remember how I got rid of it, I think it was
an AD setting, but I am sure someone on this list will know. Just be
preparedfor the user effect. PJ From: "Greg Yorke (V)" <GYorke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>[1]
<thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>[4] Subject: [THIN] Logon times on 2k Date: Wed, 18 Dec
2002 16:31:12 -0800 I was wondering if anyone knew how to get rid of the
"Applying your personal settings" screen from appearing. Hopefully so that I
can speed-up the logons for users. I am finding that logons on Win 2k are
longer than on Win NT 4.0 TSE. This is a topic that is in the list archives.
I have done the following and all have helped a bit but not as much as
getting rid of that logon screen. Things tried: 1. deleted the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\active setup, Installed components key
2. Made the clients printer, default printer only. 3. played with the
LOADWC.EXE file. Thanks for any advise, G.
-- Mark Guzzo Sair LCA, LCP Citrix Administrator "Don't Fear The Penguin."

--- Links ---
   1 mailto:GYorke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
   2 mailto:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
   3 mailto:'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'