[THIN] Re: Lognhorn

  • From: Cláudio Rodrigues <CR@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 22:52:30 -0400

Many things on it are a needed improvement (seamless windows, RDP over SSL,
etc).
But I still think the way things got implemented, for most small/medium
businesses, it is overkill. Way too complicated for the average admin in
some scenarios and considering the fact I was in charge of
Terminal-Services.NET when we designed our own gateway, seamless windows,
etc, I can guarantee you things could have been done much better and
simpler.
But well, it is a step in the right direction.
And if they do all perfectly, there would be no need for companies like
mine. :-)

Cláudio Rodrigues

Microsoft MVP
Windows Server - Terminal Services
http://www.tsfactory.ca

From: "Beckett, William (Bill)" <bill.beckett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 16:22:24 -0400
To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Conversation: Lognhorn
Subject: [THIN] Lognhorn

Anyone had a chance to play around with Terminal Services in Longhorn Beta
2? If so, what were your thoughts?