[THIN] Login Scripts, mapped drives and "run script synchronously"

  • From: "Jim Strowe" <jstrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 19:30:57 -0500

In my MFXP environment I'm having trouble with mapped drive letters not
finishing before an app loads.  i.e. if I call a specific MDB file for
access in a published app command line it doesn't always work since the
mapping isn't always done.  The user can manually open but that of course
isn't the point.

What are my options besides "run scripts synchronously" or using a batch
file.  What's the pro and con of running scripts synchronously.

I've done a few different options in my login scripts for the drive
mappings, but again it's a which pro and which con do I want to accept.

This Weeks Sponsor Pearl Software
http://www.pearlsw.com