[THIN] Re: Login Script

  • From: TSguy92 Lan <tsguy92@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 10:18:21 -0700

From my own experience in learning login scripting, I found Kix to be quite
simple to jump in and use. It's highly documented, (
http://www.kixtart.org/manual  ) there's samples with every command that can
be used, and if you're really stuck it's quite likely that someone on the
kixtart.org forums has done the exact thing you're looking to do.

http://www.kixtart.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm

Once I understood the basics of Kix scripting, it was easier for me to look
at VB scripts and sort out their logic.

Something to keep in mind however is that Kix requires the Kix EXE, either
on an accessible share, or within \windows\system32 from the computer that's
to be running the *.kix script.

VBS, WSH all use components already on windows systems.

HTH

Lan