[THIN] Re: Login Script

  • From: Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 19:43:11 +1000

Hi Andrew

I would love to learn VB but I have limited time hence the question about
sample Citrix login scripts so that may assist in me learning the language..
All scripting languages are different.  Some easier than others to learn hence
my question..  If people say VB is harder than Kix then I would obviously look
at Kix as I have limited time to get this in and running..

Ang

From: andrew.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Login Script
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 08:36:01 +0100

To be fair, if you're struggling with the scripts you're quite likely to cause
problems attempting to re-write them. You're going to have to learn vb to
detemine what's going on - in which case why not just focus on learning vb?

Sent from my iPhone
On 10 Sep 2009, at 05:47, Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

We currently use AD GPO to push Logging scripts to our Citrix Users.  The
Scripts are based on VB and are very complicated (esp when Im not too good with
VB).  The Scripts effectively map network drives to users servers and copies
files to user home drive based on AD group membership.  Im looking at rewriting
the Login scripts and was wondering how people do it.  What is the best way to
script login scripts these days.  Is it VB, PowerShell, ScriptLogic or other
tool?

All our Servers are Windows 2003.  Also are there any sites that have sample
login scripts so I can get some ideas on syntax?

Thanks

Ang

Check out The Great Australian Pay Check Take a peek at other people's pay and
perks

Get Hotmail on your iPhone Find out how here
http://windowslive.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=845706