[THIN] Re: Logging in

  • From: "Alexander Danilychev" <teknica@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 12:14:59 -0700

Hi Jonathan,

The same effect can be achieved by denying access to explorer.exe - user logs in, gets default desktop background color and ... nothing. Session can be in this state indefinitely, unless configured to drop idle sessions.

Also check if explorer.exe is there - we had some clients that lost this EXE due to infection. In this case you will not be able to login as admin even at the console or otherwise.

ALEX

From: "Jonathan K" <newave@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [THIN] Logging in
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 14:58:56 -0400

I am running W2K and M1.8, I am trying to log in from a client and after
I type in my credentials the screen just freezes and never shows me the
desktop.  Any ideas on why this might be happening?

Thanks,

Jonathan

=================================== This weeks Sponsor: triCerat, Inc ScrewDrivers fxp: Self Configuring Printer Driver with Bandwidth Control Learn more at: http://www.tricerat.com/?page=products&product=sdfxp