[THIN] Locked files in FoxPro published applications

  • From: "Cwalinski, Zygmunt" <zcwalinski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 09:55:57 -0400

We have a strange issue with a FoxPro application. From time to time
some DBF files are locked and from FileMon I can see "Sharing Violation"
error.
Developers says that there is no error in the application and that it
works when it run on users' PCs.

It's just enough to log off all application's users and everything works
again normally for a while (sometimes an hour, sometimes a day)

I have come across Microsoft article
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818528/ were it is suggested to change
Windows behavior to maintain the data structures per users instead of
per computer but I'm not sure if it helps as we don't have such a
problem with any other application. I don't want to change the setting
yet because I don't want to screw up other published applications on our
servers.

Server configuration: Citrix Metaframe XP, Windows 2000 SP4
Do you have any idea?

Zygmunt Cwalinski

Systems Analyst, Citrix and Terminal Services Network Services,
Infrastructure Support, IT Metroland Media Group Ltd.
e-mail: ZCwalinski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx