[THIN] Re: Location of oulook.pst and mail config files

  • From: "Boatman, Dave" <Dave.Boatman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 16:40:21 +0100

Not quite a full answer but...

I'm assuming that these users are really Terminal server users ?

Set a home drive up for them  which is standard across the whole setup -
e.g. h: which is pointing to \\server\home\%username%

Once you have installed office then run the Custom Maintenance Wizard and
set the location of the .pst file to be h:\mail\nameof.pst

I don't think you want the .pst to be in with the profile.. as imagine this
file is 50Mb in size.. it'll take forever for the user to login !!!.

HTH...

Dave Boatman